All posts in "Recipes/Foods"
13 Shares

Creative Quesadillas, More Than A Mexican Grilled Cheese

By admin / 6 years ago

  One of my favorite appetizers over the years has been the quesadilla. When I was first exposed to the recipe in the 70’s, it was simply Monterrey Jack and cheddar between two flour tortillas, served with salsa. Over the years that sorry recipe has evolved into a multiple taste experience that goes… Continue reading

20 Shares

A Healthy Grocery List, The Place To Start Your Cooking Efforts

By admin / 6 years ago

Zig Ziglar tells a story about his childhood in Yazoo City, Mississippi.   He always knew had enough to eat,  because when he passed his plate for seconds in a family of nine children, his mother would tell him “No son, you have had enough.”  I imagine that his family had a healthy grocery list, but […]

14 Shares

Some Like It Raw, 2 Popular Appetizers, Ahi Tuna and Beef Carpaccio

By admin / 6 years ago

Here are a couple of the more complex appetizers you may find at your next catered event.  You can do these at home, however they are a multi-step process so get ready for a little work.  They are wildly popular when we serve them at the events that we cater… Continue reading

13 Shares

Get Great Flavor By Concentrating Your Cooking

By admin / 6 years ago

A Healthy Alternative To Soup Bases and Food Stocks Flavor, the basis for why we eat what we eat!  Think about it. We like the  tastes of the foods we eat.  In fact we like some of those flavors so much (thinking about chocolate) that it can cause us to… Continue reading

8 Shares

Caveman Cooking; A Paleo Diet?

By admin / 6 years ago

What is up with this new Paleo diet?  Have you heard about it yet?  It seems our ancestors the “cavemen” were eating better  back then than we are today.  That’s interesting.   They spent 90% of their time looking for food and the other 10% planning how to hunt for it.  With a life expectancy of […]

9 Shares

Impress Your Guests With Smoked Salmon Pinwheels

By admin / 6 years ago

Here is a neat way to serve smoked salmon.  Smoked salmon pinwheels on a cucumber round make a decorative mouthful for you next holiday party. These take a little bit of time to assemble so you are going to need a day… Continue reading

0 Shares

Spinach and Mushroom Puff Pastry, Strudel Doesn’t Always Mean Apple!

By admin / 7 years ago

Here is a fun way to create a great vegetarian entree using puff pastry.  Saute two pounds of spinach in olive oil with fresh mixed herbs.  When you get it thoroughly wilted, put it in a colander and let it cool and drain. Next take three lbs of sliced mushrooms and saute them until they […]

Page 1 of 2
Get Adobe Flash player